Places You Should Visit in Japan (2018)

Places You Should Visit in Japan (2018)



These pictures were taken back in 2018 so I didn't travel at all avid the pandemic.


This was our third time visiting Japan but Hokkaido was something new to us. When I explored the parks and the buildings of Hokkaido, it felt like I was exploring my childhood because I grew up in different countries so if you ask me where I would rather stay, I'd say Japan or Malaysia. This place particularly reminds me of my leisure and freedom in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia so I often associate feelings of my comfort in Malaysia to the environment of Hokkaido. But anyway, here are the places you should go to or visit to Japan!


We got stuck on a gondola ride in Mount Okura

Watch my recent IGTV to see what happened
IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CBSGOtaFEmP/?igshid=xzt05d9o5ydv

Former Hokkaidō Government Office

Akarenga or "Red Bricks" aptly descrives the Former Hokkaido Government Office. Built in 1888 and modelled on the Massachusets State House in the USA.


Sapporo Clock Tower

Tokedai or "Clock Tower" was built in 1878 as a theatrical hall of the Sapporo Agricultural School, present-day Hokkaido University.


Nakamise Street Market

After exploring the parks and historical buildings around Tokyo, we stopped by at the Nakamise Street Market and ate sushi with Udon noodles. I usually prefer restaurant food but if you are planning to travel to Japan, I recommend you travellers and readers to go to street markets because the chefs offer cheap meal sets for a family or a group of people on the same table.


After eating at a market, once again we roamed around the parks and eventually lost my energy to keep on going! Definitely an exhausting trip around the town but worth it!

Mount Fuji at any station

I love the snowy environment and the cold weather in Japan because I haven't experienced this breeze for a long time maybe because I live in a tropical country so this is something new. Aside from the gorgeous and chilly view from Mount Fuji, there are interesting and cool souvenirs to buy such as postcards of the mountains, keychains in the shape of the country, Japanese chocolate, etc.


Hitsujigaoka

We went to a sheep farm and it was one of the cutest moments I have ever witnessed on a trip!


Chiyoda, Tokyo

Chiyoda Market



Comments

Popular Posts